We will only use and retain your Personal Information with your consent or other lawful bases. We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles.
By communicating or dealing with us (including over the phone, text, email, social media or through our website), you consent to the information you provide being collected, used, disclosed and stored by us. If you provide Personal Information about a business, organisation or individuals other than yourself, you warrant that you have obtained their consent to us collecting, using, disclosing and storing their Personal Information. If you refuse to provide us with your Personal Information we are limited in the services we can provide.
Personal Information we may process
“Personal Information” means information that identifies a business, organisation or individual. Examples of Personal Information we may collect in order for us to provide our services include business or organisation name, individual name, gender, address, telephone, fax, email, birth date, profession and professional experience, financial information and any other information provided to us by or in relation to you.
If you are an individual associated with a business or other organisation, then your Personal Information may include business or organisation details, your relationship with that business or organisation, your contact details, the date the business or organisation was established and financial information on the business or organisation.
Personal Information may also include correspondence, communications and messages between you and us, and between us and third parties (including relating to your loan, credit repair or invoice factoring). This may include information such as the loan, whether or not a loan has been approved, the date on which the loan is granted and other details regarding the loan.
Website usage information
We may collect information about your visits to and use of our website.
We may use the following cookies:
- (a) Persistent cookies – cookies that last after your have closed your browser and allow a website to remember your actions and preferences such as settings and log-in details.
- (b) Strictly necessary cookies – these enable you to move around the website and use its features and ensuring the security of your experience. Without these cookies services you have asked for, such as enquiring for a loan, cannot be provided.
You may restrict or block cookies through the browser settings, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website or services.
Collection of your Personal Information
Generally we collect your Personal Information from you directly (or through your authorised representative) including verbally to us over the phone or in person, by text, by filling in any form on our website, by filling in any printed form, by contacting us through social media and by email.
Information generated by us
We and our sub-contractors may generate Personal Information relating to you, including responding to and dealing with any enquiry, providing our services or information gained from your use of our website.
We may record telephone calls with you.
Use of your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to inform you about our website and services, including to respond to enquiries, loan enquiries, credit repair services and invoice factoring and to keep you updated generally.
We are not responsible for any errors in the information that you provide to us.
We also use your Personal Information:
- (a) to keep internal records and maintain reasonable archives, including concerning as to enquiries and the progress of your matter.
- (b) for direct marketing
- (c) for any purpose which we have obtained your consent to; and
- (d) for purposes other than those for which it was collected and described above in certain circumstances, including where you would reasonably expect us to disclose the information for that purpose.
Consequences of not providing your Personal Information
You are not obligated to provide your Personal Information, however, we may not be able to offer our services without it.
Period for retaining your information
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including to satisfy all legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
We do not use or disclose your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes unless:
- (a) we have obtained your consent to this, such as through an opt-in box on any form or website of ours; and/or
- (b) you have submitted an enquiry to us and there is a legitimate interest to do so.
We will use your Personal Information (either via email, text, social media, phone or mail) to send you marketing information about services offered by us and offered by third parties selected by us.
From time to time we may disclose your information to third parties who provide lending, credit repair and invoice factoring services (“third parties”). Such third parties may then contact you directly with marketing information about services and products offered by them. Please note that we have no control over the privacy practices of these third party companies.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
We transfer your Personal Information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- (a) Lenders: We disclose your Personal Information to lenders for them to contact you in respect of obtaining a loan.
- (b) Credit Repair Service Providers: We disclose your Personal Information to credit repair service providers for them to contact you in respect of repair your credit history.
- (c) Invoice Factoring Providers: We disclose your Personal Information to invoice factoring providers for them to contact you in respect of purchasing your invoices.
- (d) Business Function Outsourcing: Where we use third parties to host, provide, operate or supply any part of our website, database, systems, business, or services, or carry out on our behalf any of our business functions or actions we may provide your Personal Information to them.
- (e) Legal requirements: We may (and you authorize us to) disclose any of your Personal Information or personal information that we, in our sole discretion, reasonably believe necessary or otherwise as permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or other law, including to comply with a legal requirement or for the administration of justice.
- (f) Business purchasers : If our business is ever transferred to a third party, then your Personal Information will be transferred to the purchaser to enable them to continue our business.
Third parties handling of your Personal Information
Links to other websites
We provide no warranties in respect of the content on any third party website and a link to a third party website does not indicate our endorsement of those websites or the services or products referred to in the website.
Location of your Personal Information
We may transfer, store and otherwise process your Personal Information anywhere within Australia.
We will only send your Personal Information outside Australia (in India) to parties with whom we have a contract. We ensure your Personal Information is protected by requiring all organisations with whom we have contracts to follow the same rules when processing your Personal Information to ensure that we have in place adequate safeguards in respect of such transfers outside Australia.
Keeping your information secure
We take appropriate measures to secure your information and to protect it against unauthorized or unlawful access, use or interference and accidental loss or destruction in accordance with generally accepted industry standards, including secure computer storage and hard copy records.
Transmission of information over the internet or email is not 100% secure, and if you submit any information to us over the internet or by email you do so entirely at your own risk. We cannot be responsible for any costs, expenses, loss of profits, harm to reputation, damages, liabilities or any other form of loss or damage suffered by you as a result of your decision to transmit information to us over the internet or by email.
- (a) Access to your Personal Information : You may request us to tell you what Personal Information we are processing and for what purposes, and to provide you with a copy of your Personal Information that we hold.
- (b) Rectification or Deletion : You have the right to have your Personal Information amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete, or deleted in certain circumstances.
Applicable law and disputes
The laws we comply with are regulated by the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (https://www.oaic.gov.au). We hope that you will contact us first to discuss any complaint or concerns you have.
This document, and all content on our website is Copyright© 2019 Pineapple Funding Pty Ltd ACN 631 717 318, all rights reserved.